Early bird until 3 November 2023!
This part-time foundational & multistyle 250-hour yoga teacher training in Adelaide spreads over a period of four months, culminating in a retreat week on the gorgeous Fleurieu Peninsula. During this course, you learn about different yoga styles, the physical and philosophical aspects of the various types and how to deliver each in your own way. You do not need to be an instagrammable yogi rock star able to do acrobatic handstands while smiling at the camera. It’s wonderful if you can do advanced poses but our intention is to equip you with a filled toolbox to teach authentic and honest yoga with confidence.
Where is the training?
Kanti Yoga Adelaide is hosting us in their inspiring and serene studio in Goodwood, just south of Adelaide city. All the training weekends take place at the studio whilst the retreat week is held at Allusion Farmstay & Vineyard in Yankalilla. In all tranquility, surrounded by nature, it’s almost a holiday.
What makes our course unique?
– the trainers are physically present, no endless hours of self-study or pre-recorded videos. We are there for you, to answer your questions on the spot and give you direct feedback on your asana practice and your teaching skills.
– we facilitate different types of learning: lots of interactive workshops for our kinesthetic and visual learners, manuals, books and presentations for those who prefer to read and plenty of discussion time for those who need to hear it.
– the groups are small; each student gets to develop their own voice in their own way, your vibe won’t drown in a large anonymous group as we give individual attention to each and every one of our participants.
– we go on this amazing retreat! Ok, it’s not really a holiday but you get to leave behind your daily chores and bask in yoga for a whole week.
The topics we cover in our course?
– hatha, ashtanga, vinyasa & other asana styles
– anatomy of the human body and how it applies to yoga poses
– history and philosophy of yoga and various lineages and traditions
– pranayama & meditation
– teaching, sequencing and preparing safe classes
– cueing, alignment, modifying and propping
– hours of teaching practice on real people
– business aspects of yoga, yogic lifestyle & ayurveda
– & much more
Who is this course for?
– Not interested in teaching? This course is very suitable for students of yoga who wish to learn about the intention behind the warriors, the downward facing dogs and why you feel so good after a yoga practice. It helps to have an established practice but it’s certainly not a must.
– Keen to teach? You are able to do that straightaway. We help you find your own strengths as a teacher and prepare you for many of the challenges you may face as you step on the teaching mat. As one of our students said: “The course content was so thorough in the topics covered that I am very prepared to go out and start teaching yoga today.” And so she did. (Kelly B., Christies Beach)
We start on Saturday 3 February 2024 and complete the course on Friday 24 May 2024.
The program consists of the following blocks:
– introduction day (1 day)
– 10 training weekends (20 days)
– retreat week (6 nights / 7 days)
The price (including GST) is defined by the type of accommodation you choose for the retreat week.
– $6,000 with twin room and shared bathroom
– $6,500 with private room and shared bathroom
– $6,750 with private room and ensuite bathroom
Rooms are assigned based on preference and first-come-first-serve basis. There may be a budget option available (depending on the amount of participants) which is interesting for those who don’t mind less comfort. Please contact us if you would like to know more.
$300 early bird discount if we receive your enrolment and deposit by 3 November 2023. Payment plans possible.
More details about the curriculum, the venues and our application procedures in our Yoga Teacher Training Adelaide 2024 information pack.
Please request the information pack through our contact form (or hit the button below) before sending in the application form.